Here is another easy recipe to make in bulk for a large group or for leftovers. Chicken salad is especially yummy in the summer, but we eat it all year round. There is a lot of chopping involved, but otherwise this is a pretty simple recipe.
Once again, the recipe is more of a guideline and you can adjust any of the ingredients to your taste.
This will make about 6 to 8 sandwiches depending on how much filling you put in each croissant.
- Cooked shredded chicken – 3 to 4 breasts
- Chopped celery – about 1 cup
- Sliced grapes (I like my quartered, but halves work well too) – about 1 cup
- Chopped red onion – about 1/4 cup
- Roasted chopped pecans – handful (roast pecan halves in dry skillet, stirring frequently to prevent burning, about 5 minutes, then chop)
- Chopped provolone cheese – I buy the sandwich slices and cut them into 1/2 inch or so cubes
- Mayo – anywhere from 1 to 2 cups, depending on how saucy you like your chicken salad
- Fresh baked butter croissants – 6 to 8